Search This Blog

Monday, December 31, 2007

new year thoughts (because it's in! :D)


The past year saw me...

going through a lot of changes.

losing touch with some friends, and gaining new ones.

finding and losing love (and the cycle still continues).

acquiring some material things and giving much (i hope i did!).

laughing my heart out at the silliest things
and crying my heart out as well.

Good or not-so-good, I'm not going to leave out any of these memories, because cheesy as it may sound, they made me who I am right now. Sure, there were unbearable moments. There are particular instances that stand out for hurting the most. But knowing that I am now looking back at all of them makes me proud. I think of them as the fine sift that is used to separate dirt until what is left is gold.

No one knows what this new year holds for any of us, but I carry with me the same strength that has carried me all these 25 years. It is not out of conceit or cockiness, it is from knowing that Someone's in control of it all.

And that Someone believes that I can only get better with time.

No comments: