Search This Blog

Sunday, March 12, 2006

jump in

Yesterday, I was lucky enough to see the ocean again and just as always, I was lost for words to describe how it felt seeing its beauty. Yet, the sight and the sound of the sea is nothing compared to the feeling of being part of the water. It embraces you and soon you find your breathing rhymes with the waves.

Knowing that the ocean is older and wiser, I let the questions flow out of my mind, and the answers gushed forth.

Is life worth all the struggle?
Struggle is a choice. One struggles because s/he decides to against the elements. The sea follows the breathing of the wind and the pull of gravity, but these forces doesn't stop the ocean from fulfilling its purpose.

Is where I am, where I'm really meant to be?
Think of yourself as a drop of water in the vast ocean. At any given time, however small you are(or what you do) ultimately, you are still the ocean. You are part of the whole and you are the whole at the same time.

Still, the ocean with one less drop of water is still the ocean. Does this mean you are useless? On the contrary, no drop of water is wasted - it can only become another form - maybe
part of the waves that crash, but get to kiss the shore, or evaporate and be the dew that touches the grass in the morning or become rain that brings life to a desolate land.

What am I to do?
The ocean is not only meant to be seen, or heard. In order to understand the ocean, one must jump in.
So it is with life.

2 comments:

sheila said...

wow beach! i miss the sea. punta tayong beach pag uwi ko!

ps. i watched a show last night (will write more about it in my blog when i have time hehe), i really wish you were here to see it, feeling ko you'd love it as much as I did!

rookie said...

ald:hehe oo nga tinamad na ko magcrop kagabi

sheila:nax you remembered me :)