Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

to know

i woke up to find zero messages in my inbox. i think to myself, "it's true, dreams often are the opposite of reality". you see, last night, the sandman sent me the image that i received a message from you, saying you're sorry for not replying sooner and then all is good again. finding this is not the case, i heaved myself out of the sea of pillows and woolen blanket to prepare for work.

while brushing my teeth, i thought of all the possible scenarios why you didn't reply. you probably dozed off while reading for work. or the telecom network is having problems. maybe i received it after all, but accidentally pushed the delete button while sleeping. only the splash cold of water stopped me from believing you might really be just ignoring me.

i listened to music on my way to work. that's a good 45 minutes to an hour of travel. i set my playlist to random because i know my ipod has the nasty habit of playing songs which echo my fears. how wrong was i; the very first song that came up really hit me:

"...it's a blessing and a curse
but you find out what you're worth..."

now if that isn't a sign, i don't know what is.

still i decided otherwise. getting off the shuttle and walking six blocks to work, my fear and sadness started to well up, but i gave you the benefit of the doubt. if you missed the good night, i would wait for the good morning.

current status?
8:00 PM.
zero messages.

i'm past the fear that you're ignoring me, because now i'm sure about that fact. maybe i am just a nuisance. worse, i might just be plain insignificant to you. heck, i'm not sure i want to know the reason anymore.

because by the end of this entry, i already know where i stand.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hay sunshine. i know the feeling.

am going through that same phase right now.

it sucks.

haha, another case of "sometimes, the things other people write can capture the exact way you feel."

soulmates!

hahaha.

ps. my song for the moment is alexi murdoch's song for you. i only wish someone was actually singing me that song. hehe.

Anonymous said...

aaaargh. i wrote a really long comment here, and you know what? it didnt post!!!!!

Anonymous said...

haha it worked dear :) kaw talaga