Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

excess


goosebumps.

i got them last night when i attended an introductory seminar on what others would call, a self-discovery workshop. my bestfriend attended it last weekend and she invited me to the graduation-slash-promotional event. being a sucker for such things as improving one's life (okay, self-help if you may), i acquiesced to come.

among the things the resource spoke of, what hit me the most was this (i hope i remembered her statement verbatim)

"we fill our future with our past. for example, when it comes to romance, we tend to bring our past relationships into every new person we meet..."

that hit me badly. it explained a lot of things, especially why so many of my past blooming romances failed. it was because, all along, i was setting up myself for them with all my internal chatter ("ah, this one's just like the other one..."; "probably just messing with my feelings"; "this one's going to make me fall and then leave me just like the others").

now this doesn't mean we simply forget about the past, that's just plain stupid. experience teaches us something, but we don't need to fit our future in the 'template' that is our past. we attract what we focus on and if we are held hostage by our past, then that's what we'll keep getting.

it's definitely time to lose this baggage.

2 comments:

Drake said...

i hope you loose that baggage in as much as i'd want to loose my 9-year-old one. :).. finally i get to comment on your blog after the fix you made. too bad my previous comments were voided because of the glitch.

rookie said...

haha i know! it must have started when blogger went beta. i only started to suspect something was wrong when i tested it myself :p

all this time, i thought it's just because my blog is getting 0 traffic. hehe