Search This Blog

Friday, October 26, 2007

the case of t.m.


you come up from behind and entwine your hands onto my hips like the playful tendrils of a vine.

"o, what's gotten into you?"

as i turn my head i find your face already resting on my shoulder. our eyes meet and yours drain me of any reservation i have about the whole idea of showing your affection in public.

truth is, i've always imagined you hugging me like that.

"tart, why here and why just now", i whisper.

you grin with your braces and say "wala lang, and i don't care if people find us cheesy, i just want to hug you."

with that, you give my tummy a gentle squeeze with your hands and i surrender to the warmth of your body. i close my eyese briefly to capture the memory of the feel of your heartbeat harmonizing with mine. i further lock the embrace by taking your hands with my hands

"tart..."
"o?"
"i love you..."
"i love you."

then and there i know, the universe was mine.

until came the familiar bicycle chime.
5:15 am.
i laid there for a few moments listening to the sound of the breaking dawn. six months ago, that would have been possible, but now, i content myself with the sweet aftertaste of a dream.

i just don't think i'll get over you.

No comments: