Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

definitive dreamer songs part2

i lied. i got caught up with work again and forgot to finish my list. i'm changing my approach this time, let's focus on the lyrics. anyhow, here goes:

drowning (missy higgins)
- she's more popular for her breakthrough song scar but i like this one better.
"love rules all/conquers all "

dying (five for fighting)
- reeks of sadness. love it.
" there's a shade come over this/heart that's coping with/laying down to rest"

say what you want (texas)
- another vh1-ish song. the intro alone could stand on its own
"you can say what you want/but it won't change my mind"

if i ever lose my faith in you (sting)
- sting is sting.
"i could be lost inside their lies without a trace/but every time I close my eyes, I see your face"

let it fall (glen phillips/sean watkins)
- glen's formerly of toad the wet sprocket, has one of the nicest singing voices. sean watkins is part of the bluegrass band nickel creek. the song's light but has a sad undertone.
" my kingdom's walls have fallen down/but i know that i don't wear an undeserved crown"

here is gone (goo goo dolls)
- the song that replaced iris on my goo goo dolls list. typically the song you want to sing when your just ready to go.
" and i don't need the fallout/of all the past that's in between us/and i'm not holdin' on/and all your lies weren't enough to keep me here"

brighter than sunshine (aqualung)
- and now a song when you're in love. haha!
" love will remain a mystery/but give me your hand and you will see/your heart is keeping time with me"

what a wonderful world (louis armstrong)
- i started loving this song after meet joe black. you're right, it's my all-time fave film.
" i hear babies crying i watch them grow/they'll learn much more than i'll ever know/and i think to myself/what a wonderful world"

baby i love your way (big mountain)
- who doesn't dance to this song?
" shadows grow so long before my eyes/and they're moving across the page/suddenly the day turns into night/far away from the city"

measure of love (tj mccloud)
- a former lead vocals of stephen speaks. i won't be surprised if this artist wins a grammy for songwriting. amazing arrangements too. calling record companies, bring tj's album to manila pretty please!
"i'm not gonna lie/there've been times/when i broke down and cry/at the thought of the distance/scared of the miles/all that i'm missing/away from those eyes"

darkness falls (caleb carruth)
- another non-mainstream artist (talk about 'hidden' talent) that sounds great. the song i've been singing every single morning. certainly captured my idea of God.
"you're the beauty that encompasses the night/the peace in the morn/you're the dreams of my dreams/i will never awake"

there you go, now go ahead, given these songs, half-empty-half-full-shrink me. :)

No comments: